Yes, it’s trite. I couldn’t help myself 😉
In all sweet seriousness, this question is something to chew on for a moment. What if this were your last meal on earth? What would you choose? Right this second, I’m crunching on some roasted pistachios. And while tasty, it’s not my first preference. Let’s hope Mr. Camping is incorrect… and I still have time to consider what I’d actually choose. It’s so tantalizing to ponder: of ALL things on earth, what would I choose?!
It’s too overwhelming. My little brain races with possibilities. Do I go simple or elaborate? Pig out, or savor the decadent and divine?? *sigh* Let’s thank heaven I don’t have to think about it.
My mind wanders to Death Row. Somewhere in the world, someone is making final preparations for his last breath. I wonder what they’re asking to eat?
Here are some notable choices:
- Karl Eugene Chamberlain: A variety of fresh fruit and vegetables, cheese, lunch meat, deviled eggs, six fried cheese-stuffed jalapeños, a chef salad with ranch dressing, onion rings, french fries, a cheeseburger, two fried chicken breasts, barbecue pork rolls, an omelet, milk, and orange juice.
- Karla Faye Tucker: Banana, peach, and garden salad with ranch dressing.
- Murl Daniels: Orange juice, grape juice, fried chicken, fried oysters, chili, potatoes, Limburger cheese, bread and butter, vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, chocolate cake and coffee.
- Philip Workman: He declined a special meal for himself, but he asked for a large vegetarian pizza to be given to a homeless person in Nashville, Tennessee. This request was denied by the prison, but carried out by others across the country.\
- Adolf Eichmann declined a special meal, preferring a bottle of Carmel, a dry red Israeli wine. He drank about half of it
- Dennis Wayne Bagwell: Medium rare steak with A1 Steak Sauce, fried chicken breasts and thighs, BBQ ribs, French fries, onion rings, bacon, scrambled eggs with onions, fried potatoes with onions, sliced tomatoes, salad with ranch dressing, two hamburgers, peach pie, milk, coffee, and iced tea with real sugar.